Personal Information We Collect
When you visit the Site, we collect certain information about your device, your interaction with the Site, and information necessary to process your purchases. We may also collect additional information if you contact us for customer support.
- Examples: version of web browser, IP address, time zone, cookie information, what site pages or products you view, search terms, and how you interact with the Site.
- Purpose: to load the Site accurately for you, and to perform analytics on Site usage in order to optimize our Site.
- Source: collected automatically when you access our Site using cookies, log files, web beacons, tags, or pixels.
- Examples: name, billing address, shipping address, payment information, email address, and phone number.
- Purpose: to provide products or services to you and to fulfil our contract, to process your payment information, arrange for shipping, and provide you with invoices and/or order confirmations, to communicate with you, screen our orders for potential risk or fraud, and when in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
- Source: collected from you.
Customer support information
- Examples: name and email address, and some order information - required where you are already an existing customer querying or altering an existing order, or where you are a prospective customer who requires an order to be created manually by customer support.
- Purpose: to provide customer support.
- Source: collected from you.
The Site is not intended for individuals under the age of 16. We do not intentionally collect Personal Information from children.
In Ireland, children below the age of 16 (the “age of digital consent”) cannot give consent to online service providers to process their personal data. If you are a parent or guardian and believe your child has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us at the address below to request deletion.
Sharing Personal Information
We share your Personal Information with service providers to help us provide our services and fulfil our contracts with you, as described above. For example:
- We use Shopify to power our site and to process our orders and payment information, you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here - https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy, and see the Shopify Data Processing Addendum here - https://www.shopify.com/legal/dpa.
- Payment details are encrypted and are never accessible to us (Guy Boggan, the Site), with exception of the last 4 digits of the payment card, which is provided to us to acknowledge, for reference, which card a successful payment was made on. Even when making a refund, we simply instruct Shopify payments to return funds to your card on file with Shopify/ Stripe, at no point are payment details shared with or accessible by us.
- Some order information, including name, email address, shipping address, and phone number, is shared with our fulfilment partners and print labs, and through them also with carriers and logistics companies to fulfil our products to you.
- Customer support chat information is not shared with any external organisation but may take place on services hosted by third parties, including by email (Google Workplace), on social media (including Messenger or Instagram both hosted by Facebook) or using the on-site chat hosted by Shopify Ping and Apple Business Chat.
- We may share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights. For example, we may be obligated to share some order information with customs authorities, including your contact details and the total order value.
- All software and web software companies that we work with use enterprise-level encryption for their servers and take security and privacy very seriously. Internal access, within Guy Boggan, to all platforms where your data is stored is extremely strict, all logins are always protected with 2-Factor-Authentication and more.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For example:
- We use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site. You can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt-out of targeted advertising by:
- Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- Google - https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- Bing - https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads]
Additionally, you can opt-out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at - http://optout.aboutads.info/.
Using Personal Information
We use your Personal Information to provide our services to you, which includes: offering products for sale, processing payments, shipping and fulfilment of your order, and keeping you up to date on new products, services, and offers.
- Your consent;
- The performance of the contract between you and the Site;
- Compliance with our legal obligations;
- To protect your vital interests;
- To perform a task carried out in the public interest;
- For our legitimate interests, which do not override your fundamental rights and freedoms.
We DO NOT engage in fully automated decision-making that has a legal or otherwise significant effect using customer data.
Our processor Shopify uses limited automated decision-making to prevent fraud that does not have a legal or otherwise significant effect on you.
- Temporary denylist of IP addresses associated with repeated failed transactions. This denylist persists for a small number of hours.
- Temporary denylist of credit cards associated with denylisted IP addresses. This denylist persists for a small number of days.
A cookie is a small amount of information that’s downloaded to your computer or device when you visit our Site. We use a number of different cookies, including functional, performance, advertising, and social media or content cookies.
Cookies make your browsing experience better by allowing the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login, region selection and items in your cart). This means you don’t have to re-enter this information each time you return to the site, browse from one page to another or browse this site across multiple tabs. Cookies also provide information on how people use the website, for instance whether it’s their first time visiting or if they are a frequent visitor.
We use the following cookies to optimize your experience on our Site and to provide our services.
Cookies Necessary for the Functioning of the Store
|_ab||Used in connection with access to admin.|
|_secure_session_id||Used in connection with navigation through a storefront.|
|cart||Used in connection with shopping cart.|
|cart_sig||Used in connection with checkout.|
|cart_ts||Used in connection with checkout.|
|checkout_token||Used in connection with checkout.|
|secret||Used in connection with checkout.|
|secure_customer_sig||Used in connection with customer login.|
|storefront_digest||Used in connection with customer login.|
|_shopify_u||Used to facilitate updating customer account information.|
Reporting and Analytics
|_landing_page||Track landing pages|
|_orig_referrer||Track landing pages|
|_shopify_sa_p||Shopify analytics relating to marketing & referrals.|
|_shopify_sa_t||Shopify analytics relating to marketing & referrals.|
The length of time that a cookie remains on your computer or mobile device depends on whether it is a “persistent” or “session” cookie. Session cookies last until you stop browsing and persistent cookies last until they expire or are deleted. Most of the cookies we use are persistent and will expire between 30 minutes and two years from the date they are downloaded to your device.
You can control and manage cookies in various ways. Please keep in mind that removing or blocking cookies can negatively impact your user experience and parts of our website may no longer be fully accessible.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can choose whether or not to accept cookies through your browser controls, often found in your browser’s “Tools” or “Preferences” menu. For more information on how to modify your browser settings or how to block, manage or filter cookies can be found in your browser’s help file or through such sites as www.allaboutcookies.org.
Additionally, please note that blocking cookies may not completely prevent how we share information with third parties such as our advertising partners. To exercise your rights or opt-out of certain uses of your information by these parties, please follow the instructions in the “Behavioural Advertising” section above.
Do Not Track
Please note that because there is no consistent industry understanding of how to respond to “Do Not Track” signals, we do not alter our data collection and usage practices when we detect such a signal from your browser.
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e-mail at email@example.com
Last updated: February 25th 2021
If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint, you have the right to lodge your complaint with the relevant data protection authority. You can contact your local data protection authority, or in Ireland you can contact the Data Protection Commission, An Coimisiún um Chosaint Sonraí, here - https://www.dataprotection.ie/